Ensure you have the correct re-arm kit for the model of PFD. ULTRA 150N AUTOMATIC PFDs use 33 gram Co2 Cylinders and UML-5 automatic inflation mechanisms.
The re-arming kit will contain:
- One 33 gram Co2 Cylinder type and size.
- One Automatic Cartridge with the green indicator on.
- One Manual Green Indicator.
Always refer to the PFD care and maintenance procedures in conjunction with these instructions and keep to maintenance schedule.
PFDs should be regularly serviced by an authorised service agent.
Re-arming kits should be kept on board for use after an emergency.
- If the Automatic Indicator (A) is missing, unscrew the cartridge (B) and discard it before proceeding.
- Unscrew the Co2 Cylinder (C) from the firing head. You will notice a hole were the cylinder has been pierced. Discard the used cylinder before proceeding.
- If the Manual Green indicator (D) is missing, push the lever back in position and clip the new indicator into place.
- Take the new automatic cartridge ensuring the green automatic indicator is in place and screw it onto the inflator head (E). Screw cartridge fully home ensuring there is no gap between the cartridge and inflator head. The cartridge should be done up as tightly as possible by hand.
- Check to ensure there is a white 'O' Ring or black washer at the bottom of the thread where Co2 Cylinder screws in.
- Check the new Co2 Cylinder has not been used and screw into the inflator body. Ensure the cylinder is screwed fully home as tightly as possible by hand.
- Refer to instructions to re-pack the PFD correctly.